Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Varaces The Car Chase Movie database

overhaul 5 years 1 month ago #9796

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
bump

i like to pick up the topic "overhaul" carlo and carcrashking already discussed.

a few weeks ago varaces was offline for severeal weeks and i thought that the spirit to build the number one movie car chase place is gone. some years ago i was away from this site for several month. there was this feeling that nothing happens anymore and that i had an overdose of car crashes. i also had the impression that the frequency of postings and diskussions is stagnating anyway.

i still use the database from time to time to pick a carchase movie i haven't already watched but browsing the database isn't fun. the forum has bugs too. a few posting are just white space, and youtube videos disappear... i agree that varaces really needs an overhaul. i know it's a lot of work and that it takes time but i believe that this site should get to the next level someday.

let varaces grow to a kind of multiuserblog or online magazine with a nice database in the background that is fun to browse. the more entries the more difficult to get an overview or sort. i like the idea of hyperlinking to amazon-buys and cooperate with dvd-sellers. what do you think?

I'll come back next year to look if someone answered ;)
good things take time.
this database is a good thing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:overhaul 5 years 1 month ago #9798

I share your sentiments heavymett! I wish we had a larger community.

Both Derrick and carcrashking are too busy to keep up with the site these days, but it seems a shame to let the site go to waste.

Re:overhaul 5 years 3 weeks ago #9804

DH has now given me the keys to the VaRaces admin, which means I can post frontpage content and add/approve car chase entries to the database so we can get back to regularly update the site.

It's my hope that we can try and reestablish the site next year with regular updates, news and feature content to put Varaces back on the map.

I've also created a Facebook page for VaRaces here: www.facebook.com/varaces Please join and invite anyone you know who likes car chases so we can bring back our online presence!

Varaces The Car Chase Movie database 5 years 6 days ago #9807

• derrickh
  • Administrator
Hopefully heavymett will come back before next year so he can see the changes taking place.

D

Varaces The Car Chase Movie database 4 years 8 months ago #11362

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
hi, I recognized the changes a couple of weeks ago but had trouble with displaying the new forum correctly and couldn't post. so i waited. now it works fine.

i like the changes, it looks freshed-up, but I am not sure if I am happy with the new view of threads in the forum. every posting is now put on a single page and the old pagination plus the new tree confuses me. maybe it's just a matter of habit^^

Varaces The Car Chase Movie database 4 years 7 months ago #11452

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there. Well as you could see I was away also for a long time. I thought this site was doomed but I like the recent changes being done and the fact that there is still some (minimal) life on Varaces.Hopefully the site can get up to it's old standards from 10 years ago...
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds