Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6152

Are you talking about Bolt's chase, Adri? If so, I totally agree with you. The soundtrack even sounds similar to John Powell's Mr and Mrs Smith "Minivan Chase" score. I would also have liked to see more crashes along the freeway bridges (I half hoped the petrol tanker would crash and blow up, but of course I didn't want the truck driver or the nearby school bus occupants to get hurt :) ) I laughed at the henchmen electrocuting themselves, that was hilarious. As for Toy Story 3, I know the Pizza Planet truck had some action in the first and even more in the second (I watched both on Free-To-Air a week ago, and I remembered the cool car pile-up caused by the 'walking' traffic cones in TS2), so I'm interested to see what they've got in store for the third in the series.

What do you think of the QoS clip? (And anyone else who wants to comment?) I can't wait for November 18th to arrive... 8)

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6154

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah pretty cool animated chase, and indeed i loved Toy Story's 2 pile up, quite cool as well :P P

As for Quamtum of Solace i saw that small clip a few days ago and it's just so cool i cannot wait to see the whole movie, in a TV trailer i also realized of a 159 going off a clif at fast speed after losing control so i really can't wait for it! 8)

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6156

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
From what I can see, trailers for RockNRolla appear to have some scenes of crashes and exploding cars. Im' not sure on chases, but have a look at the website and see yourself.

[url:86k05ghb]wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/rocknrolla/[/url]

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 2 months ago #6164

Yeah, I loved the Incredibles car chase at the beginning, Adri. The car was a spoof of the Batmobile, and though short, the ending was funny involving the cat and the tree. :D Although not a chase, the freeway sequence involving the RV was sweet too!

RockNRolla's out in Oz. I'm considering having a look, as Guy Ritchie's the man when it comes to Brit gangster flicks. Thanks for the update, prowler.

Two more new Quantum of Solace TV spots have aired. You can get a scale of the drop the Alfa Romeo did for the car chase, as well as a glimpse of two people free-falling from a cliff. Needless to say, this film will be epic.

Catch the action here and here.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 1 month ago #7843

With the impending release of Transporter 3, the new official website has been set up. The layout and design is slick, and a pop-up map featuring the proximity bomb bracelet gives a glimpse of the places on Frank's European road trip, like Monaco, Munich and Budapest, among other cities.

In the Videos section, a 2nd lengthier trailer and 3 new TV spots have been released. The plot, as explained in the ads, is that Statham is being asked to complete one more mission, only on one condition. As the baddie puts it: "When you're past 75 feet from the car...paaah!"

If this sounds a bit too much like Speed, Chill Factor, or even his previous outing Crank's premise, that's probably because it is. But that doesn't stop him from engaging in high-speed pursuits between the cops and hitmen, performing a wheelie between two semis, plunging off a cliff from a bridge, and leaping across the roofs of train carriages. All from the seat of his Audi R8, which makes a return from the sequel. There looks to be three-four chases (one being from the cops in the city, another escaping assassins through a forest, a third after a train, and a fourth on foot and bike), as well as the usual butt-kicking of his assailants by unarmed combat in a hall, garage, and a train.

On November 26, do not step away from the vehicle.
Catch the action on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds