Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6051

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Not a major chase whatsoever but thought it would deserve a mention here, the chase is from the movie Todos Estamos Inivtados, yet another movie about terrorism in Spain, it wasnt very good lets be honest and the plot leaded to nowhere, the director of this film is from the same city as me and he decided to film the chase sequence on a long straight road we have here that connects to villages, even if it was filmed in my region the chase is supposed to take place in the Basque Country.

The chase is nothing special at all, we can say that is quite bad and poor with no special stunt or driving, it doesnt even have a bit of traffic to make the cars swerve a bit and make it more special or something, also the car at the end was supposed to roll over but didnt and this is something i always hate when it happens in a chase, it is always so noticeable when a stunt has went wrong...

In fact it could have been miles better because they had the space and the time im sure, since to film in my region seems to be easy to release by what ive heard other times, but the fact that it was filmed in my city made me like it a bit, and because it is a 2008 chase i thought you wouldnt mind wasting the only minute and 44 seconds that it takes to watch it.

Enjoy (or not)
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkMNC87du8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6059

That was hilarious, Adri! The chase was so slow, and I really Laughed-Out-Loud when the car jumped the hill and landed so awkwardly, I could see what you mean when you could tell they wanted a rollover. And then they copped out by not even showing the crash but instead a fade to white with sound effects! :lol: Oh well, at least it was set in your home town, so we must be more forgiving when it comes to local indy productions...

Thanks for taking my suggestion, CCK. I'm a little disappointed you only mentioned two flicks and didn't include the others like Burn After Reading, Brothers Bloom, Bolt, Babylon A.D. (that's a lot of films beginning with 'B'!), Connected, and Mummy 3. Though they're by no means as 'blockbuster-worthy' as the two featured, they're nonetheless interesting diversions in what would be an otherwise boring lull between Summer and Christmas. Perhaps if you have the time, you could update with more titles, or at least provide a link to this thread? But I appreciate you mentioning Taken, its two chases were impressive to say the least, and I will post a review in the near future. :wink:

Here's another one you may want to include in the Fall Preview:

Eagle Eye
A new trailer has surfaced on the official website. Look out for the redlight run, and a jacknifing semi in a tunnel a la Die Hard 4. This film is obviously influenced by that film, plus The Italian Job remake's traffic rerouting, North by Northwest's crop duster chase and most of all, Will Smith's exhilarating escapes from the feds in Enemy of the State (even the posters look similar!). Play the Eagle Eye Experience game (you only need to get to the second checkpoint, which is fairly easy if you don't deviate from the plan) to unlock a bonus clip of a part of the car chase sequence.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6060

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Andre, thanks a lto for this trailer i had no idea of this film, simply great :shock: i know i always get surprised by what i just see on the trailers but most of the times im not that wrong and i end up liking the movie as i thought, Eagle Eye seems to be entertaining and action packed, i cannot wait to watch it, it has its Spanish release on Octobre the tenth so not much left!

Also Andre, yesterday i got Taken and i watched it, i liked the movie overall yet its end seemed to me a bit unrealistic, i liked the chase a lot too even if its location was a bit dull they did well use of it didnt they? and the race agaisnt time was nice too shame that it wasnt a chase really, well i'll wait for you to make your usual huge review fo the movie and the chase to exchange our opinions :wink:

PD: I saw Wanted too.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6061

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Damn Andre, you beat me to it! Oh well :lol:

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6069

Thanks for the news on Eagle Eye AndreTeh.

To explain, when I post news items on the homepage, I tend to restrict myself to only those films that have more car chase headline status. Hopefully users browsing the home page find their way to this forum thread to get a more extensive picture of what's coming out car chase/racing wise.

Still, forum members owe a debt to you, myself included, for you consistent timely updates on forthcoming attractions.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 9 years 3 months ago #6078

Now, now, don't berate yourself over it, what was it that I beat you to, Prowler? Was it posting an update on Eagle Eye, watching Taken, or watching Eagle Eye? If it's the third one, I haven't watched it, and it's unlikely I will, so if you're going to see EE, do tell us about it, I'd love to hear your opinion! :wink:
That's understandable, CCK. Maybe you could just provide a link to this thread on the news item? But if you don't feel like it, that's okay too. And thanks for the compliment, it's an honour to keep you guys in the loop, though I suspect most of you would be looking out for the next big chase as actively as me! :D

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds