Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films

2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 10 years 3 months ago #5186

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Probably too soon to open this thread, but i have a title i cant wait to show you all as it seems to have a very nice spectacular and destructive chase, the movie is Vantage Point, few videos of people that filmed some of the chase sequences are in youtube since few months.

Now the offical trailer is out and shows you a big part of the action, the movie is supposed to be set in Spain though it was filmed in Mexico, they have modified the cars to make them look european, well you know, changing plates etc, they also have a police car similar to the ones you can find in the city the chase takes place in, i cant wait to see the movie, it has a good cast and from you can see in the trailer its been filmed nicely as well, the film is due to come out on February the 15th in the US, so itll take at least a couple of months more to come out in Spain.

Well, here you are the trailer, enjoy

http://www.vantagepoint-movie.com/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 10 years 3 months ago #5187

Thanks for the advance notice, Adri. Seems like it will have a good chase.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 10 years 3 months ago #5195

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hopefully Clutch the movie will come out in 2008 too.
Has anybody any news on the Driver remake?

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 10 years 2 months ago #5217

Thanks for the heads-up, Adri. The last few seconds of the Vantage Point trailer was awesome. I like the Rashomon idea, and what looks like a stunt-packed chase is the icing on the cake.
The Driver remake seems to be in development hell. I really hope they don't blow this like other remakes *cough*Gone in 60 seconds, Italian Job*cough*. So far next year's a drought compared to this year and 2006. Only Indy and Dark Knight to look forward to so far.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Driver remake 10 years 2 months ago #5225

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
A remake of The Driver would be awesome. What is the proper definition of a remake? Re-do the same sort of film? I'd like to see it as a sequel, maybe the new driver could be the driver's son. I've always thought it would be funny if Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern were retired and wound up in the same retirement home. :D

They could both have the pagers that alert them when a live police chase is on the tv. (I'm pretty sure that was an actual offering from some pager company) And for the love interest, Dern has a daughter in the police force. Obviously she will be attracted to this new getaway driver. Hahaa. Ok ok. I'm a drinker, not a writer. LOL

If it ever gets the green light, this film must have three major car sequences. It has to! The Driver (1978) is one of my favourite films of all time. I once used 30 seconds of the opening chase, sirens and screeching only, on my answering machine. I spoke over the sirens like I was on a cell phone complaining that "It was only a couple of parking tickets!" Every Monday (when I lived in Toronto) a local radio station would play peoples answering machine greetings. They played mine about 5 times one morning. I was a legend in my own mind!

A 2008 release would coincide nicely with the 30 year anniversary. But, if it's in "development hell" I can't see it happening in time for that.

Re: 2008 Car Chase/Racing Films 10 years 2 months ago #5226

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
I really look forward to watching the movie done some day, Driver is my ever favorite driving game since i was a child, i was astounded as what i saw when i could crash cars everywhere, have the police after me and a detail that i used to love, the hub caps flying off :P wink:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds