Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD!

C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD! 13 years 7 months ago #511

Not sure if others are aware but C'était un rendezvous is now available on dvd region free coding. The film is only 9 minutes long but it consists of French racing driver Marice Trintingnant speeding through the streets of Paris in a Ferrari 275 GTB. All we see is the view of the camera mounted to its front bumper. The link below has clips from it as well as stills.

http://www.rendezvousdvd.com/

Only drag is it is a bit pricey. I fould it as low as £14.99. A bit steep for just 9 minutes of film. But then again, I've bought dvds at that price just for their car chases so there you go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD! 13 years 7 months ago #512

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
I've read reviews and it sounds like the director Claude Lelouch was a legend at making this film. It looked like he just strapped a camera to a car (was it really a Ferrari 275 GTB?) and just blasted through the streets of Paris. But the trouble is, I don't know where to buy it. Does anybody know where I can buy it? It looks so cool.

Re: C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD! 13 years 7 months ago #513

The link above to the website about the film has a 'to buy' link to a uk retailer. More than likely they would ship internationally.

Re: C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD! 13 years 7 months ago #514

• greg
  • Junior Boarder
I have a copy of this i downloaded off a website years ago . As good as it was then, its pretty weak in comparison to Getaway In Stockholm for example.
There's only one camera angle, no script, its simply a quick early morning joyride around paris. The ferrari lump does sound good though.
carmovies.net

Re: C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD! 13 years 7 months ago #518

What's Getaway in Stockholm? Is that a video game or is it an actual film? If it's better than Rendezvous sounds like a must see.

Re: C'était un rendezvous (1976) on DVD! 13 years 7 months ago #519

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Getaway in Stockholm is actually just like C'était un rendezvous, but they have the camera on the inside of thier car and just speed past cars and cops on the streets of Stockholm. It's almost like street racing, but with the cops on your tail.
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds