Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Varaces Feature Requests

Re:Varaces Feature Requests 7 years 11 months ago #9177

• dhopkins
Ok. So the forum integration is done and seems to be working. The profile feature could use a bit more fleshing out, though. Maybe stick in user blogs or galleries.

D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Varaces Feature Requests 7 years 11 months ago #9180

Thanks for the revisions to the website and forum DH. Hopefully some of our old regulars will return now to participate in forum discussions.

Re:Varaces Feature Requests 7 years 11 months ago #9184

What happened to the feature where we could sort movies by year? I found that to be quite useful.

Re:Varaces Feature Requests 7 years 11 months ago #9185

• booster
  • Junior Boarder
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
What happened to the feature where we could sort movies by year? I found that to be quite useful.

Yes, I also did find that feature helpful; it would be nice if it could be back. I tried doing a search of the year to get the correct results but didn't work.

Re:Varaces Feature Requests 7 years 10 months ago #9197

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Hurrah! I'm finally able to log in and post on the forum!! Fruit for everybody!

I have a question concerning the movie submissions. Have the new ones been transferred through the system? I remember uploading an ass-load of titles which I apparently have forgotten. There's also the "Latest Additions" box which displays titles that have already been submitted to the site. Is there any chance this could be updated to display newly uploaded titles? I would also ask for a confirmation on if submitting films is safe. I don't want to have to submit a film and then find it hasn't been properly transferred.

Thanks.

Re:Varaces Feature Requests 7 years 10 months ago #9198

Good to see you back here Prowler! BTW - what film is your avatar image from?

Yes I believe it is safe to submit entries. I don't know the new entries to which you refer, but I know that when the database was upgraded some entries were lost (mainly those that had the same film title as another entry). Fortunately, I have my own verification database of entries and have re-uploaded them, hence the reason why they are appearing in the Latest Addition list. Some of these titles have yet to be added and I assume that they are just waiting for DH's validation. These titles are:

Chase, The (1946)
Chase, The (1991)
Dillinger (1945)
Joyride (1995)
Joyride (1996)
Once a Thief (1965)
Road Rage (1999)

Currently, there are 1294 entries in the database, and when these titles get reinstated then the total number will be 1301.

There are a few new titles that I have submitted but again are waiting for validation. If my validation privileges was reinstated, I'd be happy to deal again with the processing of new submissions.
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by carcrashking.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds