Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Varaces Feature Requests

Varaces Feature Requests 13 years 7 months ago #500

• dhopkins
Is there anything else that needs to be added to Varaces? The database is always growing but is there other chase related features you'd like to see? movie reviews, more game reviews,chase tv listings, car information, etc?

D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Varaces Feature Requests 13 years 7 months ago #501

Just two ideas to add to what I believe is a great site:

a) I think it would be great if all registered members could have the opportunity to rate the films rather than solely have them rated by the one who initially submitted the film. That could be done along the same lines as the way they rate films at IMDB. That way the rating would reflect the general consensus of the film.

b) I think car chase/race dvd reviews would be well received by members and by those just browsing the site. My guess is that most of us collect these films as well and we are always trying to track down copies of them. The reviews could give a general sense of the film but also review the quality of the image and sound, and indicate what kind of extras it has. The reviews could also indicate their region coding. I have for instance Region 2 dvd copies of Cannonball and The Driver while I bet that most who use this site had no idea that they were available on dvd.

Flash Video 13 years 7 months ago #502

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
I think we should have a flash video intro to the site. It would say "Welcome To VARACES. The Car Chase Movie Database." And then we would have images of different cars from different movies driving around the screen and have engine sound effects. Like Christine, Elenor, The Slicer, The Car, the Vanishishing Point Challenger, The Mustang and Charger from Bullit, the Trans am from Smokey and The Bandit, the yellow Corvette from Junkman, Herbie, the V8 Intorceptor, and the Minis from Italian Job (1969) and (2003)

Then we could probably add some music, mabey some re-mix or some other stuff. That's something I think we should have.

Re: Varaces Feature Requests 13 years 7 months ago #504

• greg
  • Junior Boarder
D,

How about car stats ? I love car stats . 0-60, bhp, lb/ft, topspeed, 1/4mile .
Also, i'd like to read about the stuntdrivers who made these films. Were they racing drivers or just regular stuntmen etc.
A redesign of the front page would be nice too. But then i like the old school style, very in keeping with 'real' car chase movies !

Greg
carmovies.net

Re: Varaces Feature Requests 13 years 7 months ago #505

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
And maybe something about old Chasemovie-Soundtracks on vinyl and CD?

Stunt Drivers and Stunt Coordinators 13 years 7 months ago #507

Yes, having futher info on who were the stuntdrivers and stunt coordinators of car chase/race films would be great. People like Bill Hickman, Carey Loftin, Chuck Bail and Alan Gibbs - these are the individuals more than directors of films who are truly responsible for staging the action for the screen.

Info on soundtracks would be good idea as well. Vanishing Point has a fabulous sound track as does Electra Glide in Blue. But something tells me not the easiest to get a hold of.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds