Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots

Carchase Comicbooks 11 years 9 months ago #3312

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I found following url on the net about the artist Denayer and his carchase-comicbooks: www.chez.com/denayer if on the site then click on 'Les Casseurs' and you will discover the coverdrawings of the 'Wreckers' comicbooks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3313

Hey nice to have another fan among us! The Wreckers seem quite interesting from what i've seen. By the way, would you happen to have the MV movie on DVD, im curious about your version.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3315

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Bruce I have only the french version of the new movie I saw the old 60's series on tv around 10 years ago but was not impressed at all so I haven't bought that DVD version I suppose you can get it on the net somewhere.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3353

Finally had a chance to see Michel Vaillant, Bruce Wayne and I rate it 7/10. As far as the racing sequences go, you would be hard pressed to find nicer cinematography, something you would expect from a Luc Besson production. I was particularly impressed by the Rally and Le Mans racing scenes. Some of the crashes seemed to be inspired by the more spectacular ones in Grand Prix and Le Mans, and for the most part integrated the CGI with the live action well.

Where I thought the film could have been stronger was with respect to the Ruth Wong character as head of the Leader team, who was too cartoonish for my likings to make an effective villain. At the end of the day, I could not take her, and the connected plot line, seriously.

Still, a very good racing film that deserves to be seen by fans of the auto-racing genre.

BTW, could it be that the reason why the film has yet to receive an American dvd release is because the American team was portrayed negatively and the distributors thought this would not go down well with American audiences when French-American relations are not at their best as a result of the Iraq war? Just a thought.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 8 years 3 months ago #9121

Wow it's been ages since i have posted on this forum! I was in a nostalgic mood tonight while i was searching for news on the Knight Rider movie which brought me back here. I can't believe i never replied to you about this movie. I don't think that was the reason to be honest because even though they didn't properly set it up, Steve Warson is from Texas in the states. He's Michel's best friend and co-driver. As for the team Leader, i don't think it's an american team. I can't remember exactly but Bob Cramer is Brazilian in the comics. All in all i'm glad you enjoyed it man. I actually bought the steel case THX edition about a year back, really enjoyed this movie and it sucks to know there won't be a sequel. :(
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds