Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3293

This message is for everyone;
Im not in relation to the film production in any way, im just a fan who really like this film. Reason why i posted it here is because i know alot of people are not aware of its existence and i'd love to share it with you guys. Im very eager to know what you think of it. After all its a car movie forum. If you want info or anything else let me know. Id be glad to share my knowledge :D !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3295

Perfectly understandable, Bruce Wayne. Where else but here can one share one's car chasing/racing enthusiasm? That's what this forum is for.

You'll be glad to know that I have finally bit the bullet and ordered the Prestige DVD Edition of the film. At the end of the day, it has DTS sound and a 2:35 aspect ratio so that should compensate for the less than full comprehension of the French dialogue.

Once I receive it, I'll let you know what I think.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3304

Hey great news! If you need any help or dont understand part, i'd be glad to translate it for you. Let me know what you think of a REAL making of (2 hours long). :D

Guys i'd ;ile to have some more input please, i want to know if you want me to post more screenshots for the movie or more info.

Here's some more panels from the comic book;

[/img]

Besoin de Vitesse 11 years 9 months ago #3308

That's 'Need for Speed' for you non-francophones! Wicked awesome pics. You're a real Michel Vaillant fan. I've seen a couple of the comic books at the Alliance Francaise library where I learn French. The plots are creative, there's one chase down San Francisco hills Bullitt, Metro and The Rock-style in 'San Francisco Circus', another one features an oil tanker on flames that cannot-stop-or-it-will-blow-up, Accidental Spy-style, and other interesting locales and scenarios. :lol: Jean Graton is great at depicting races and chases at insane speeds. How do the intro and the 'helicopter pursuing the cars' chases go? Just describe the chases without giving away their endings and how exciting they are. How many races are there in the film?

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 9 months ago #3309

Well chase there's only one actualy, the rest is racing. The chase you speak of starts when they need to drive the race cars to the track du to some "technical" problems. They need to get there in time to be qualified for the race. There's a lot of sabotage in this movie just like there was in the comics. The chase scene is more quick and beautifully shot than edge of your seat action. Like i mentioned previously, in the movie he races in 24h du mans, rally in Italy and ice rally in Canada. There's a few other car scenes but i wont give them away, im shure you can get an idea from the screenshots.

Racing and carchase comicbooks 11 years 9 months ago #3311

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I remember the Vaillant comicbooks well from my childhood; from the 80's on I lost track but occasionally stumble across some books when in France as I live near the french border. The old albums from the 60's and 70's were a great influence to me, especially the ones about racing in the States. I still have the 'infernal circus' one about Nascar Racing in the 60's and the Steve Warson Special from the 70's about US Racing in general, great stuff there. Also remember the great chase in Frisco that AndreTeh mentioned above. Maybe some remember that there was already a TV-series about the adventures of Michel Vaillant in the 60's. Those came out recently on DVD, but I have to say that they are not very good...
There was another carchase-comicbook series in the 80's drawn by a belgian guy Christian Denayer called ' Les Casseurs' (The Wreckers) Those comics were about two US cops always involved in chases and crashes. The first 7 or 8 albums were absolutely great, good drawings and stories then the stories became somewhat lame and I lost interest because 'the Wreckers' hardly wrecked anything from there on. But the first albums are worth checking down. Must be rarities by now but the net has always plenty of surprises for us...
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds