Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots

Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 11 months ago #2996

Hey guys! A while back i posted a topic about this film but at the time i didn't have a copy of the film. Different story now. I taught since this film was only released in europe and its only in french, i'd share a few screenshots with you. I can maybe help you out getting a copy of the film. PM me if interested. If you want any screenshots in particular, let me know! Anyway , here goes;

Synopsis:
It's a movie from france, which is why its obviously unknown in the US. A comic book adaptation from the same name "Michel Vaillant" from Jean Graton which is about a classy/James Bond type character based in the auto racing world. His team called the "Vaillants" to which his dad Henri Vaillant is the owner , Michel's brother, Jean-Pierre Vaillant is the team engineer. MV of course is the main driver along with his best friend , Steve Warson , a Texan. Their main adversaries is a team called "Leaders" owned by the daughter, of a mysterious oriental man by the same name who has died (i cant recall exactly how or if it ever was explained in the comics what happened to him). The team is know for their spying and sabotage and determination to victory. The main drivers are Bob Cramer , a brazilian if i remember correctly and his co-driver Dan Hawkins. In most of the comics , the two teams play a cat and mouse game troughout different racing categories.They also race among real drivers such as M. Schumacher, Damon Hill, Villeneuve etc. There's tons more characters but ill try to keep it short for now. Luc Besson , director of The Fith Element , Subway , The Professional and producer of the Taxi trilogy and Transporter wrote it along with Gilles Malecon. It is directed by car comercial director Louis-Pascal Couvelaire (which did an amazing job , very beautifull images as i have never seen in a car movie).

The COMIC

The MOVIE

If you have any questions about the film , let me know! I have seen the movie and its good. Not perfect , but good. My only blame is the pacing of the film. There's also a few things that dont translate well from the comic book.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 11 months ago #2997

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
I have seen the movie as well, it has no chases but its not bad, and its funny how did the modifie Peugeot models to make them Vaillant models :P , anyway few good crashes and races.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 11 months ago #2998

Yeah, its because Luc Besson has a partnership with Peugeot. Those cars are basically in all of his movies. I'd love to see a sequel to Michel Vaillant, but set in F1 and maybe Dakar. They could use maybe a few things from the comic book "Cairo". I also hope they will make Steve Warson a bit tougher and more true to the comics, with the real actor actualy saying his lines. I kind of doubt this will get a sequel. It only made 800 000$ + and the movie cost 25M$ euro.

EDIT: Only real "chase" is the one with the helicopter following the cars. Also maybe a little bit the intro scene since "MV" is going really at it to crash the Leader car.

English Subtitles 11 years 11 months ago #3058

Hey Bruce Wayne, since you are the resident expert on the film, would you know where to locate this version of the DVD which comes with "the option of dubbing and subtitles in English" according to the dailysportscar.com review

BTW, gauging from your screen shots, the racing sequences look superb.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 11 months ago #3071

If you want i could set you up with the version i have. For the english version i need to do a little research. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you want this french version. It has a few english here and there, but not whole sentences.

Re: Michel Vaillant movie screenshots 11 years 11 months ago #3072

So far i think i might have found two of these with english audio. The cover does not match but the movie is said to be in english audio as well. That cover i believe was the Netherland version. Here's the links for now;

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=20957

http://www.mediadis.com/video/detail.asp?id=131035

PS: i can post more screens if you want. Let me know what you'd like to see.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds