Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questionable DB entries

Re: Questionable DB entries - deleted scenes 7 years 5 months ago #9328

I'd like to get forum members opinion with respect to the pending entry for Entrapment (1999). The chase description reads:

'This scene was featured as a deleted scene on the DVD extras where Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones try to outrun a Jeep Cherokee.'

My question is should car chases/races that are not technically 'in' a film and only appear as a deleted scene on a dvd should qualify for entry.

My initial feeling is that they shouldn't since were talking about footage left on the cutting room floor, but will go with majority opinion on this.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by carcrashking.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Questionable DB entries 7 years 5 months ago #9330

I would agree that it shouldn't be featured if it does not feature in the main film.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Star Wars Fanatic.

Re:Questionable DB entries 7 years 5 months ago #9331

• dhopkins
I think if the chase isn't in the actual film, then it doesn't count. If it appeared in a 'directors cut' or 'unrated' version thats available, then yes. Otherwise it's not a part of the film and should be excluded.

D

Re:Questionable DB entries 7 years 5 months ago #9332

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
I was actually the one who submitted the film only because it was the scene was originally intended, at the time, to expand on the storyline. When the crew thought otherwise, the scene was dropped. All the same, it's still part of the movie. But if we were to delete this entry, which I hope it never comes down to, then Heavy Traffic would have to go along with it since the description details the chase scene as a deleted scene through a series of rough sketches.

Re:Questionable DB entries 7 years 5 months ago #9334

Well, one can equally say that the decision to leave the car chase out of the film (both in terms of the theatrical release and dvd) was also intended by the producers and it's the 'final cut' that really counts.

Like some critics have noted, it is odd that the car chase was left out even for the the dvd release (what was Sean Connery thinking as producer?). At any rate, until an extended dvd version comes out that includes this sequence, I think we should leave it out of the database.

re Heavy Traffic: don't recall the chase sequence in that film appearing as a deleted scene, at least in the version I watched. The chase description refers to it as a fantasy sequence.

If there are entries in that database that refer to car chases/races that only appear in deleted scenes, then yes, you are quite right, they also should be removed as a matter of principle.

Re:Questionable DB entries 7 years 5 months ago #9336

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
For a deleted scene it's quite a good chase all by itself. It'll be a real shame to know I might be the only one who saw the entire scene and thinks so highly of the commitment the crew had put forward to acomplish the chase. I would only suggest that people rent or buy the DVD with the selection of deleted scenes where they can see the chase for themselves.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Prowler.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds