Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questionable DB entries

Re: Questionable DB entries 8 years 11 months ago #7890

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
I caught a clip of what appeared to be a 4 second chase from Romeo + Juliet (1996) on TV. The part I saw had Romeo ram his car into the back of Tybalt's causing it to flip and crash and that was all. Is there a longer version of the chase? I ask on two occasions. The television network tends to be a very shitty corporation with all of the curses and violence stripped, so if there was a longer version of the chase, chances are it might have been altered for TV. If that's not the case, then I would suggest to remove the film entry from the database since there's not that much appeal to the scene when it's defined as a "chase". Actually, to be clear, I wouldn't categorize this as a chase at all. If the actually "scene" lasted 4 seconds. Anyone?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questionable DB entries 8 years 10 months ago #7891

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Ups I forgot to give my opinion since october, as members of the carchase community I personnaly think we should just concentrate on that: cars,trucks and to a lesser extent motorcycles and that's it. Some chases with snowmobiles,skateboards,transformers,cartoons or dinosaurs may be good and well orchestrated but personally I'm a carbuff and my interest is clearly focused on those thousands of movies.

Re: Questionable DB entries 8 years 10 months ago #7892

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Since I was first on my long awaited topic :wink: could someone please confirm my question on Romeo + Juliet? Then, I might contribute to the snowmobile/vehicle debate.

Re: Questionable DB entries 8 years 10 months ago #7893

Sorry in the delay getting back to you Prowler. Immersed with work at the moment.

With regard to your Romeo + Juliet query: the issue to me is not the length of the chase but if the scene in question simply involves ramming. If there is no active chasing in the sequence then it does not qualify for entry in the database. If there is some chasing, or even racing for that matter, then it does. It's been a while since I've seen the film so I can't say definitively either way.

CARLO, thanks for your input on whether snowmobiles qualify. I agree - we should draw the line at cars, trucks, and motorcycles and that's it.

Sadly, I think there are bigger concerns. I'm hoping that DH finds the time to effect the final revisions to the website so that the forum traffic returns back to normal...

Re: Questionable DB entries 8 years 10 months ago #7894

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the confirmation CCK. Better have that one deleted. But before the other two snowmobile films A Matter of Winning and Snowball Express are wiped off the site, I have to confess that I submitted them a few years ago. After seeing Snowball Express the idea hit me that snowmobiles are the equivalent of ATVs, so the question on whether or not snowmobiles are addressed as vehicles seems pointless. On the other hand, if all the forum members are keen to settle on plain "car chases" then I think we should take up on the plan to make another category of vehicle chases because I really think that snowmobiles belong on VaRaces. But if DH is content on fixing up the site, then let's leave him to it. For the time being, we should leave the two films where they are and definitely consider adding a "miscellaneous chase" section when things have settled.

Sultanes del Sur (2007) 8 years 10 months ago #7902

Can anyone confirm whether Sultanes del Sur (2007) has a car chase or not? Someone has submitted it but with no actual description of the chase.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds