Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questionable DB entries

Questionable DB entries 12 years 1 month ago #2651

• dhopkins
The Varaces Database is growing rapidly but as it's growing, some non chase movies may be slipping by.
If there's a film in Varaces that you don't think belongs, post it in this thread so it can be discussed. This should help in keeping the database as accurate as possible.

D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questionable DB entries 12 years 1 month ago #2652

Sounds like a good idea, DH. Let's start with The Forgotten (2004). Since we haven't heard anyone arguing for its inclusion, not even from the individual who submitted it, no reason for it to remain in the database.

One other really questionable entry is the Sweeney 2 (1978). I have seen the double film set of this with the Sweeney!, and while the latter does have a scene where two people are chased by villains in a car, there really isn't a chase in the former. I was in fact quite disappointed since I expected car chases since the television series was known for them.

Another recent debatable entry is Scream 3 (2002), which given its description:
[url:twguyzao]www.varaces.com/index.php?option=com_sta...file=info.php?id=820[/url]

seems more like a race against time than a chase or a race with someone else. I have already stated my reservations about including races against time such as this in a previous thread. The problem with scenes like this is that they amount to just plain speeding, and if we include those...well the floodgates would open and just about any film could be included into the database by that criteria.

Re: Questionable DB entries 12 years 1 month ago #2658

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
I added a better and detailed discription for Body Melt (jump to MCCDb entry) mainly because the previous comments may give a wrong impression of this disappointing and bad car chase.

just watched the movie and I am not quite sure if it really belongs here. The only thing that makes it look like a chase is a policecar that traces a speeding car. The focus of that sequence is on the dying driver and his gory wounds and not on serious car action.

I screwed things up and even this posting has been added as a comment to Body Melt OOooops!! :oops:

Re: Questionable DB entries 12 years 1 month ago #2703

Also, there are still two entries for Demolition Man which is a bit of a pain.

Re: Questionable DB entries 12 years 1 month ago #2706

• Prowler
  • Platinum Boarder
And there's also two of The Spy Who Loved Me which is starting to get to me.

Re: Questionable DB entries 12 years 1 month ago #2715

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
And who cares about a dinosaur 'chasing' a Jeep in JURASSIC PARK ??
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds