Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Top Australian Car Chase Movies

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 10 years 6 months ago #4997

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi BAN
Yeah Midnite Spares is one of my faves too, as well as Metalskin.So you are very lucky then having worked with George Miller...How did the cars look from the pix you saw for Mad Max 4? More futuristic like in part 3 I suppose?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 10 years 6 months ago #4999

You personally worked with George Miller? :shock: Wow! I've always loved his films, I've watched Babe 1 and 2, Mad Max 2 and Happy Feet! Lucky you!
Yeah, I'm curious like Carlo as to how the new Mad Max is shaping up. Will Mel return? Do we get the same Ford Falcon or a 'reinvented' model like all those remakes and sequels lately? :?:

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 10 years 6 months ago #5001

• ban
  • Fresh Boarder
Ah yep, Metalskin is a goodun too.

Yeah i was kind of restricted talking to George about the new Mad Max stuff, mainly due to him always having AD's and other people hanging off him and they only wanted to talk about the project on hand. It was scheduled to be filmed quite a while ago, mel gibson was lined up and it was all systems go. Apparently a budget for nearly 300 mil, then Gibson pulled out and it all fell to pieces, none of this was from george btw, this was earlier stuff i remember from talking to Grant Page who i knew from another project he was the stunt co-ordinator for the Max films, this was in about 2001.

But more recently George said that he will definitly make it, and is looking forward to getting back into it. As far as i know, its more set in the max universe than around max himself. But the info was scarce and please dont quote me on the no Max being in it, its just what i "gathered" from the conversation.

The cars were interesting, didnt see any interceptor stuff. Just what i would only assume to be "bad guy" cars. Nothing caught my eye as far as make or model went, it all looked fairly heavily custom. A motorcycle with sidecar , lots of armour plating. and a handful of different types of Sandrail/Dune buggy stuff, with all the Mad max trimmings.

All of these are apparently sitting somewhere in Bolivia (if i recall correctly) rusting away. Apparently there is a stretch of road out there thats like one of the longest in the world, which they were going to use for a big chase scene.

and yes i am very lucky, and also proud to have worked with George. It was on the film Happy Feet (not my kind of movie lol) but its part of the job. The highlight had to be when i got George to sign an Original 1979 Mad Max poster and an Original Lobby card which had a still frame of the Monaro blasting through the caravan. He signed both personally to me with a thanks for my help. Pretty awesome stuff lol.

Anyway enough about that, this is a car chase forum!. Hope that helped you guys out. Once again this forum rocks, ill look forward to spending time here!

Cheers.

Lucky (2005) 9 years 3 months ago #5976

There is no car chase in this Australian short, I admit, but the automotive action in Lucky is so impressive I just had to share. Nicely conceived by actor/director Nash Edgerton doing stunts that possibly could have inspired some of Zoe Bell's stuntwork in Death Proof.

You can watch the film on Youtube.

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 9 years 3 months ago #5984

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey cool stuff indeed :lol:

The Man from Hong Kong 7 years 3 weeks ago #9470

I have finally got round to watching (and have just added to website), The Man from Hong Kong (1975).

I know it has been briefly discussed in these forums but I have to say it contains the most notable car chase yet to appear in the database (at least up to this point in time). It features a seven minute multi-car chase between a Chrysler Valiant Charger that is pursuing three assassins in a Holden Torana, a Ford Falcon, and a motorcycle. There are some great crashes, including a car hurtling through a house, and some of the ramming going on resembles a highway demolition derby.

Well worth a view. In fact its on youtube with the chase sadly spread across two segments of the film:

Part 8:

Part 9:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds