Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Top Australian Car Chase Movies

In the Red (1999) 11 years 5 months ago #3784

Hey CARLO,

Not sure if you have seen In the Red (1999) yet, but it is an Australian release with a fair amount of automotive action. Although I think that Japanese makes are not your thing (and there are a lot of these in the film), a late 1960s Camaro does feature in the opening race.

At any rate, thought it might be of interest.

In the Red (1999):
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 11 years 5 months ago #3812

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanx for the update carcrashking, well those are a lot of aussie movies to check out. I think I have the 'In the Red' movie scenes already somewhere, will have to check out my ever growing chasescene collection.

...Deadline... (1982) 10 years 11 months ago #4415

One would be stretching things to consider the pursuit sequence in ...Deadline... amongst the top Aussie car chases. However, the film is of interest since a Datsun 280Z features in the chase and its Barry Newman (aka Kowalski) who is at the wheel.

Other than that, it is a passable made for TV film directed by the same director as Dark Age - Arch Nicholson.

The FJ Holden (1977) 10 years 7 months ago #4780

Finally had a chance to watch The FJ Holden. It would be of interest to forum members as it's a cross between Twolane Blacktop and American Graffiti although more similar to the latter through its focus upon Australian suburban teen life. Apart from its central drag racing scene, with lots of Holdens on show, not much else in the automotive action department.

CARLO, you would be glad to know that there is a junkyard scene in the film as well.

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 10 years 6 months ago #4928

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Over the Hill (1992) plays in Australia and has a pretty cool supercharged 60's Plymouth (I think..) in it. The movie features two small chases between the Plymouth and some rusty Australian Ute's.

Re: Top Australian Car Chase Movies 10 years 5 months ago #4995

• ban
  • Fresh Boarder
I was lucky enough to catch "In the red" quite some time ago at the cinema's. It had a very limited release but was still refreshing to see people are still trying to make these type of films.

Midnight Spares is a personal favorite of mine for Aussie movies, mainly because i can name all the locations used in it and its interesting to Sydney back in the old days, before how i remembered it. Plus im a sucker for a Trans-Am in any movie lol

On the Mad Max stuff. Last year i had the honor to work along side George Miller on a daily basis for almost a year and a half. I was by far the biggest Mad Max fan there and got to talk with him about it many times. Some amazing stories he told me about on set problems with the Black Monaro in the beginning chase scene, how they tied it down to a cable track and propelled it by a rocket engine so it could complete the caravan smash.

It was a great experience hearing this stuff straight from him. I also managed to see some pictures of some of the cars that have been built for Mad Max 4, which has been rumoured on and off for the last 5 years, but he said that he has some other things to attend to, and then assured me that it will be made into a film.

Can't wait for that.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds