Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: German Car-Chase Movies

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 8 years 1 month ago #9136

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I suppose it will be even more stupid, Adri :D Germany hasn't produced a serious carfilm in years..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 8 years 1 month ago #9137

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
It's a shame how they ruin most of the stunts in these movies, sometimes you see you're going to see a nice stunt but all of a sudden they cut it to make it "funny" by making the car do something stupid, this one seems to have rollovers and so on, I'll be glad if it has normal stunts as long as they don't ruin them.

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 8 years 1 week ago #9156

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
To prove that CARLO is right here's more trash produced by Germans. This time in english language! 8)

Fast Track - No Limits (USA/Germany 2008)
Plot: A woman needs to get a lot of money to rescue her garage. She and her friends go into street racing. Chase/Race: (1) Chase with policecars, policecar pipe-ramp crash (2) Race at factory site causes one car to rollover, a jump into a hall (3) Policecars chase car thief (4) Final race on factory site ends with crash through brick wall My Rating: Another script involving the street racing scene. Some people reviewed this Fast and Furious clone on IMDB

Early Silent German Films 7 years 4 months ago #9352

The Deutsches Filminstitut has made some of its archive available online through youtube, amongst those is Original-Aufnahmen vom Gordon-Bennett-Rennen, made in 1904, which must be amongst the earliest German racing films.

The Deutsches Filminstitut has also made available Emperor Prize Motor Race (1907) and the Kronberg Youth Motor Race (1907).
It would be interesting to know what the earliest fictional German car chase or racing film is.

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 7 years 1 month ago #9432

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
@carcrashking: thank you for the link to Deutsches Filminstitut. I took a look and found a title that may contain fictional chase sequences. I found a vague discription in this text. It says:
[...]Die erste Ausfahrt einer Radlerin (1907), eine Frau, die alles über den Haufen fährt, was ihr in den Weg kommt.[...]
means something like The First Drive Of A (Female) Cyclist, a women driving everything into pieces that comes in her way

Didi, der Doppelgänger(1984)(lit. Didi, The Double)
Plot: (Action, Slapstick, Comedy) An evil CEO of a big company threatened by kidnappers hires a nice guy to double him. Chase: Didi escapes from the kidnappers by bicycle. The kidnappers chase after him by car. The chase is about 10 minutes and has various car stunts and body stunts, including police, a helicopter, a truck. The chase ends with a car (Ford Granada MK1) that crashes through some office spaces of a buiding. Thoughts: Dieter Hallervorden is a very popular german actor. Since the 70s he is always present on TV with slapstick, nonsense, comedy shows and political cabaret. During the 80s he did some "Didi" action-slapstick-movies that contain some car action as far as I can remember.

Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by heavymett.

Re:German Car-Chase Movies 7 years 1 month ago #9437

Thanks for the tip about Die erste Ausfahrt einer Radlerin, heavymett. I'll try to locate a copy of it to confirm that it has a chase but 1907 sounds about right.

I'll keep an eye out for Didi, der Doppelgänger, it looks great!
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds