Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: German Car-Chase Movies

German Car-Chase Movies 12 years 4 months ago #2108

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
First I want to say that at this time only one german movie come to my mind that feature a car chase. Lets start with this one:

Knockin' on Heavens Door (1997, Germany)
Plot: Comedy - two nice guys diagnosted with incureable cancer take a last trip to the sea. Chase: A Ford Capri MK2 is chased by a bunch of Ford Sierra and Volkswagen Passat Policecars and some Gangsters in Mercedes Benz 280. The Capri escapes through a cornfield and crashes down a acclivity.My Rating: No extraordinary driving visible. The ride through the cornfiled reminds me of.. hmm.. I've seen that before in a Steve McQueen Movie..

---

In China they eat dogs (1999, Denmark)
Plot: Gangster Comedy - A harmless bank clerk asks his criminal brother for help. Chase: A Volvo tries to push a armoured money transporter from the road. Volvo does a excessive sidewinder-crash. money transporter flips over and explodes. My Rating: Comedys from Denmark are always fun. This one is a great movie that was quite succesful in Germany. The chase starts easy and ends in a massive wreckage of many cars.

---

Zwei tolle Käfer räumen auf (1978, Germany)
Plot: Jimmy Bondi fights the Mafia with the help of Dudu. Chase: The yellow VW Bug "Dudu" is being chased by an american limo. Dudu tries to go undercover at a stock-car-race so the chasers have to eat dust. My Rating: Dudu is the german answer to Herbie. A car that is able to do everything. The stories are for little kids but remind me of bud spencer and terence hill stuff. 4 or 5 movies had been produced with Dudu. The chase is lame but features rare images of german stock-car-racing.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 12 years 4 months ago #2109

Thanks for these new titles, heavymett, and showing the images from them. It is nice to get beyond the US and UK canon to see automotive action sequences from other countries. There have been calls too for European car chases with European cars featuring in them.

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 12 years 3 months ago #2110

I think I've mentioned before about how I prefer European car chases but they are nowhere near as common as US chases. Thank you for your insight and that large quantity of car wrecks sounds promising :P

Re: German Car-Chase Movies 12 years 3 months ago #2111

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello as for German car chases I can think of a great chase in a movie called CASCADEUR from 1998. It features a guy on a high-speed kart chasing a bike. The first time I saw a chase with a guy on a Kart! And the chase is really good as well.
Yeah, the german Dudu films aren't very good but they have a few nice stunts in them. Thanx for the pix Heavymett :D

WoW!!! 12 years 3 months ago #2121

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey those r so really cool images!
The Capri car chase looks good like the mercedes van one.......lot of crashes as we can see.
Again european chases being more real and spectacular.

More German Movies with car chase/race sequences 12 years 3 months ago #2123

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
Absolute Giganten (1999, Germany)
Plot: Roadmovie - Floyd tells his both best friends that he is going at sea tomorrow. They hang out together for one last crazy night in Hamburg. Chase: Film starts introducing the friends and their 1971 custom V8 Ford Granada Coupe taking a short race on a Alpha Romeo. The second sequence features a 2-Wheel-Drive that ends with short escape from the stuntshow guys. My Rating: A very good story about friendship and one of those films that payed attention on drivestyle. the movie features a lot sequences with a tuned ford but it has no great chases.Watch the trailer (Quicktime)

---

Manta, Der Film (1999, Germany)
Plot: Comedy - A young guy wins a car that doesn't fit to his personality. (more...) Chases: A pack of Mantas chase the leader of the VW Golf GTI gang. Chase ends with one Manta getting airborne and crashing into river. The final race between a 6-wheel-Manta and the golf GTI ends with the Manta cut in two halves (but keeps on racing) and the GTI doing a sidewinder-crash. My Rating: No serious chases but a lot of fun about german carnuts.

---

Manta, Manta (1999, Germany)
Plot: Comedy - An average day in Germany. The birthday of the dumbass, the graduations day of the mechanic and the raceday of the redneck. (more...) Chases/Races: (1) Opel Manta Club blocking a Mercedes Benz 190 trying to overtake (2) Ferrari chasing a Manta through small city streets. a third car crashes into garbage tons. Manta jumps into quarry pond. chase is about 3 Minutes. (3) A race between Mercedes Benz 190 and Opel Manta through industrial areas of west-germany. Mercedes does a huge jump and crashes at a pole. My Rating: Well done chasing and driving but could be more destructive overall. Slowmotions and different angles make the car-action look good. Only one car is wrecked.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds