Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We need a video archive of car chases

We need a video archive of car chases 1 year 9 months ago #11504

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
When I sometimes browse through varaces I miss videoclips of all the car chases we talk about here. Any ideas how to manage that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

We need a video archive of car chases 1 year 9 months ago #11505

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Heavymett long time no see. I think, this is pretty much a dead site. With a little work (but from someone who knows about programming) this could be the biggest and best car chase database on earth ;-)

We need a video archive of car chases 1 year 9 months ago #11506

Hi guys, long time no see indeed!

I am hoping to become more active on the site this year to get things back up to speed, but I think it needs an overall redesign. There is actually a field to submit youtube video embeds in chase entries, but it takes time to go through old entries to add them. If anyone's interested in contributing then give me a shout.

We also added a VaRaces Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCae7vXt6fiB2GqYxxs_0_dg

Unfortunately it's become hard to maintain because of copyright issues for most uploads!

We need a video archive of car chases 9 months 3 weeks ago #11516

• heavymett
  • Gold Boarder
A couple of days ago I stumbled upon the youtube-channels Car Chase Wonderland (playlist with 295 car chases) and Car Chase Wonderland 2 (playlist with 302 car chases) which both are frequently updatet at the moment. I'm afraid sooner or later those kind of channels are going to be deleted, claimed or blocked if such uploaders do not invest in a concept for monetizing other peoples material. I don't think it's a good idea to build a public archive with sequences from movies that are usually protected by copyright. Videos depending on content hostet on other platforms communicate an unsteady feeling. At the moment I like thinking about the the idea of illustrating a car chase entry with a mixture of screenshots and car chase GIFs. Giphy.com already has 20.000+ GIFs tagged "car chase" and if you click to have a look be aware that a lot of data is going to load into your browser. It's too much GIF on one webpage for sure but I like the vitality of GIFs even if they are short loops. What do you think?
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds