Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Top Ten Car Chase Soundtracks

Re: Top Ten Car Chase Soundtracks 12 years 3 months ago #2228

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey CarcrashKing, I agree, the Music for The Wild Angels and the PitStop Song are great stuff. I really like that kind of primitive psychedelic 60's Punk stuff. If I had the chance to film a new Carchasemovie, I would include songs by: The Cramps, Southern Culture on the Skids, Chrome Cranks or something by all these Neo-HotRod-Surf Bands...but I think that's a different story...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Top Ten Car Chase Soundtracks 12 years 3 months ago #2229

• thejabman
  • Junior Boarder
The new Dukes Of Hazzard movie has a good soundtrack, theres a chase in Atlanta to ACDC's "You want blood, you got it" as well as a decent all round southern rockish sort of thing goin on throughout, like Mountain and so on.

Other then that, Vanishing Point, and Blues Brothers, Sweet Home Chicago is awesome.

Re: Top Ten Car Chase Soundtracks 8 years 10 months ago #7896

Thought that I would share via Youtube the production stills extra from the Pit Stop DVD, which includes the opening theme by The Daily Flash. Enjoy!

Re: Top Ten Car Chase Soundtracks 8 years 1 month ago #9150

this thread got me to thinking and singing. one of the biggest can't get it out of my head songs is RHINESTONES IN THE ASHES from the movie GRAND THEFT PARSONS. i'll sing that song for a week at a time. the movie is about the theft of singer GRAM PARSONS body after his real death in the early 70'S. this is a really great movie if you like subtley funny movies. you have to watch it several times to catch all the little jokes going on. it's also a time capsule of that time, post hippie pre EAGLES country rock. GRAM was a pioneer in this form of music that ironically became more popular after his death. there are a vast range of artists on this soundtrack that fit this movie so well. there are several car chases in this movie too,none are dramatic but are more comedy laden to go with the mood of this movie. this movie has JOHNNY KNOXVILLE, JACKASS, playing a funny serious role and actually doing a good job, i'm not a big fan of his. rent it or buy it, if you can find it. the INDEPENDENT FILM CHANNEL, IFC, plays it constantly at different times. i watch it evey time. damn good movie. "there's a sequin ghost in buck owen's clothes and there's rhinestones in the ashes."

Grand Theft Parsons Soundtrack 7 years 10 months ago #9191

Thanks for the recommendation to watch Grand Theft Parsons supercharger and for the thumbs up with respect to its soundtrack. I generally like 1970s country rock and should give Gram Parsons a try. 'Rhinestones in the Ashes' by Roger Alan Wade has a real John Prine feel to it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds