Varaces - The Car Chase Movie Database

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: members cars

Re: members cars 10 years 1 month ago #5295

OMG!!! :o
I love the Porsche 911! It's my dream car! :) But is that really you at the race track, Greg? I would love to see your actual Porsche, if that's not it in the photo. The Volkswagen GTI is pretty cool too.

TDIT's exhilarating mashup of the coolest car flick with the best animated film of the year! Fast & Feathered 5 Click sig to watch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: members cars 10 years 1 month ago #5297

• greg
  • Junior Boarder
Hey thanks AndreTeh!
The 911 has always been my fave car, luckily i got to have one eventually. It is my car in the pic, with me at the wheel - thats from Brands Hatch back in 04. Its a very photogenic car!

Anyone recognize what film this type of 911 was used in?! :idea:
carmovies.net

Re: members cars 9 years 11 months ago #5508

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
Greg wrote:
Anyone recognize what film this type of 911 was used in?
Hmmm ... well, there's 23 pages of 911's at the imcdb. Which movie were you thinking of, Greg?
[url:3m4nozhf]www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=porsche&model=911[/url]

I'm driving a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire. Hah, yeah ... I may be able to beat a Toyota in a race! Maybe ... lol.

I have some 20 year old video of some of my old cars. The footage has gone from Beta to VHS to hard drive to DVD to AVI and now to the youtube. So, it's not a super clear picture but what the hell.

Some of you may remember the pic I put up of my old LTD's. A 1976 2-door and a 1974 4-door, both with 351 motors. Bought them both for $140 in 1985. Then squeezed a little last bit of fun out of them.

[url:3m4nozhf][/url]

These cars were in rough shape when I got them, but they ran. Along with the Charger from my avatar, I smoked the tires as best I could.

The reverse 180 is one of my favourite stunts. I love doing this stunt with beaters or rental cars. I wish I had footage of some of the great ones, you'll have to settle for the beaters. lol

So, if you click on my youtube username you'll see some other stuff. It's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but if you have 10 or 20 minutes to kill, hopefully you'll get a chuckle out of this old stuff. I was hesitant to post the links, because of the quality, but once again ... what the hell! :P

I have one more car stunt up my sleeve. I'm saving some money for what I need. I've made contact with the local speedway owner and he said he would rent me the track for $200 for 4 hours. It would be 4 hours of practice, but I hope I can make it happen this year. Although, I must remain realistic, it may not be this year ... but it will happen. (no details available at this time, sorry).

And yes, heh heh, my influences were the Duke's and the Blues Brothers!

Cheers!

8)

Re: members cars 9 years 10 months ago #5509

• carlo
  • Platinum Boarder
I just watched the vids, funny stuff Steamer. You're the reversing 180- king.
I like those junk LTD's.

Re: members cars 9 years 10 months ago #5513

• adri
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey steamer those were cool videos 8) the best is that you had cars to "destroy" , were they yours or were they from a yunkyard?

Re: members cars 9 years 10 months ago #5515

• steamer
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks CARLO! Thanks, Adri! If those vids made you crack a smile then I've done my job. :D

The LTD's I bought from a car dealership, what they call the "back-lot." Hah, in other words ... sell 'em or crush 'em. I mean $140 for both of them, what a hoot.

What led me to inquire about renting the Speedway this year was the fact that my son is getting older, he's going out with his friends alot more, and I have some spare time on weekends. I started thinking, man it would be fun to get another half-decent stunt car and rip up the track for a couple of hours, or until the car dies. When I e-mailed the track owner about rates I figured, this is going to be expensive. I thought $200/hour for sure. Then he tells me $200 for 4 hours!! Right then I thought, I must take advantage of this.

There is one stunt I've only done on snow, that I would like to do on pavement. The flying 360! You guys know what I mean. A flying forward donut losing as little momentum as possible. I would hope to have a sprinkler or something to wet the track down a bit in one area, and then do that over and over again. It's so fun in snow. So that's what I'm thinking about getting together, hopefully for one Saturday this summer. It's kind of a lark, y'know. The owner said as long as I clean up after myself, no problem. He's a nice guy. So I'm trying to save a few bucks and maybe I can wind up with some good quality footage, instead of old Beta footage from the 80's.

So, who wants to loan me their car? Awwww, c'mon. It's just for a few hours. :lol:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds